Conditions for Hire of Jubilee Hall
CONDITIONS FOR HIRE OF PARISH HALL
Applications for use of the Parish Hall must be made in writing on the form supplied.
- A bond of $500 must be deposited with the booking officer prior to the function will be refunded in full provided that no damage is done to the hall and facilities, and the surrounding property is left clean and tidy. Loss of keys may entail replacement of locks and this will be at the discretion of the booking officer and is at the liability of the Hirer. Should any damage occur, the booking officer’s assessment shall be final. Keys can be collected no earlier than 8.00am the day of hire.
- Charges for the use of facilities must be paid at the time of making the booking, or, in the case of ongoing use, by arrangement with the booking officer. If the Hirer cancels the booking more than two (2) weeks prior to event commencement, the Parish will retain the 25% of the Hall Hire Fee as a cancellation fee. If the Hirer cancels the booking within two (2) weeks prior to event commencement, the full venue hire amount is payable.
- Nothing is to be attached in any manner to the walls, floors, curtains or any part of the buildings, nor shall signs, scenery, etc be erected without the permission of the booking officer.
- The Hirer must not knowingly use the Parish Hall or any part of the Parish Hall for any purpose which is inconsistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church. This Hire Agreement will be terminated if the Hirer is using or has used the Parish Hall or any part of the Parish Hall for any purpose which is inconsistent with Catholic teachings.
- The right is reserved to refuse to let the facilities at the discretion of the booking officer, in which case all monies paid will be refunded.
- Exclusions – The following are not part of the hire: projector, projector screen
- Inclusions – The following are part of the hire and may be used by the Hirer: tables, chairs, sound system, fridge, stove, urn, kettle, ceiling fans & heaters. (Please note that the hall does not have air conditioning).
- The Parish makes no warranty or representation to the Hirer about the condition of the Hall or facilities or their suitability for the Hirer’s purpose. Further, the Hirer acknowledges that they have inspected the facilities and warrants that the facilities are suitable for the Hirer’s purpose.
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer to obtain any necessary permits from the relevant authorities as required for the planned activities. If entertainment is to be provided, it must be in keeping with the values and standards of the Parish. All programs must be submitted for approval prior to the hiring period.
- The Parish will not be responsible for the acts or omissions of contractors engaged by the Hirer. It is recommended that Hirers ensure all contractors (eg caterers) have public liability insurance.
- Persons authorised by the booking officer shall at all times be entitled to free access to all parts of the building.
- No sales of any kind are permitted without prior approval.
- Sub-letting of Parish Hall or any facilities is not permitted.
- In case of any disputes arising, the decision of the Parish Priest shall be final.
- Noise (music etc) must be contained within the requirements of the City Council. Additionally, music must cease at midnight on Fridays and Saturdays, 10.00pm on Sundays, and 11.00pm on all other days.
- Hire during weekends: Saturday booking must be between 10.00am-4.00pm (the carpark must be vacated by 4.00pm to allow parishioners access for the 5.00pm Vigil Mass) or 7.00pm-midnight. Sunday bookings must start at 12.00pm (to allow parishioners to vacate after the 10.00am mass).
- Setting up: You are able to access the hall at an earlier time in order for you to set up and decorate prior to the event/booking. However, you are not able to set up while the masses are on: Saturday: 8-9AM, 4-6PM and Sunday: 8-11AM (and on other special services bookings which will be advised to you upon enquiry), therefore, the hall and carpark must be vacated during this time.
Please contact Charlie Scully on 0402 071 849 a couple of days before your booking to organise key pick up.
The Hirer of the Parish Hall and guests are confined to the Hall and its accompanying facilities and this does not extend to the school and playground.
The Hirer is aware that the Parish Hall in a residential area and that all persons attending the Hall must refrain from any behaviour which could be reasonable construed as disturbing the neighbours or infringing on a person’s property and/ or rights.
Under no circumstance shall liquor be sold.
Normal liquor regulations apply. Alcohol is not to be served to guests under 18 years of age.
- Approval for the consumption of alcohol may be withheld at the discretion of the booking officer.
- Please note that Parish and school grounds are generally secured and access is only available at agreed times. Parish Hall patrons are requested to park in the Church car park or in the street, but not on the lawn or nature strip in front of the school or Church property.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Parish Hall.
- The Parish accepts no responsibility for private property left in the Parish Hall.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU FOLLOW THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT COVID RESTRICTIONS AND GUIDELINES. THANK YOU!